High Cholesterol StudySalisbury, NC
Need to lower your Cholesterol?
Did you know?
Those with high cholesterol are at risk of experiencing cardiac events.
A research study is evaluating an FDA-approved medication used to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) that, when added to standard lipid-lowering therapy, may reduce risk of cardiac events.
This research study may be an option if you:
• Are a male ages 50 – 79 or female ages 55 – 79
• Have high LDL levels despite being on a statin medication or have documented statin intolerance
• Have a history of at least ONE of the following:
- Stent placement or bypass surgery
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke) or narrowing of the arteries
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
• Do not have a history of stroke or heart attack
Other criteria apply. Please make sure to discuss with a member of our research staff to ensure this study is a good fit for you. Qualified participants will receive all study-related care and study medication at no cost. Financial compensation will also be provided for time and travel.
Learn more about this research study.